Blacklisted Casino Sites and Scams to Avoid
A blacklisted casino site will use unethical practices to skew games in its favor or refuse players their winnings. Learn the common clues to detect whether a casino is trustworthy, or check a casino using our list of blacklisted casino sites below.
We’re Here to Help You Play Safely
Any casino we recommend on Online Gambling is vetted through our strict standards policy and regulated by the gambling commissions listed below. We’re here to help our readers have a fun and most importantly safe gambling experience.
Report a Casino to Us
Have you experienced unethical behavior from an online casino? Report it to us using the form below, and help other gamblers avoid playing with blacklisted casino sites.
Online Gambling constantly updates its information to provide players with the best possible gambling sites. Although our team of experts strive to find the best online casinos, they also stay updated on the worst sites to keep gamblers informed.
How to Spot a Potentially Fraudulent Online Casino
Before playing with any online casino, complete an online checklist. Do casino reviews report a pattern of unethical behavior from customers, such as unexplained slow payouts? How long has this online casino been in business? Which gambling commission regulates this casino? Is there any contradictory information appearing across the pages of the casino in question?
If you are suspicious of an online casino after depositing your funds, these are the most common casino scams other players report:
- Suspiciously less-than-random game events
- Fails to pay legitimate winnings
- Confiscates deposits for no reason
- Unexplained slow withdrawal processes
- Undisclosed fees or requirements for withdrawal
- Buggy software
These signs occur when the worst consequences have already happened. To avoid any of the above, check whether an online casino:
- Has its site based in licensing jurisdictions known for their leniency
- Spams customers’ inboxes
- Sends unsolicited emails highlighting bonuses that are too good to be true
- Fails to compensate advertisers
- Has unresponsive customer support
Many of these blacklisted casino sites are eventually shut down. However, the difficulty is stopping them from reappearing under another name. Even in better regulatory domains, casino “groups” withdraw and introduce new sites once gamblers grow wise to their unethical practices. To avoid getting ripped off, research any casino before playing with them.
List of Blacklisted Casino Sites
Uncertain whether to play with an online casino you’ve found? Check if another player has reported them for unethical practices using this list of blacklisted casino sites:
|1X2 gaming||False advertising|
|21 Dukes||Payment problems|
|50 Stars||Long payout times | Software issues|
|African Palace Casino||Long payout times | Excessive wagering requirements | Questionable withdrawal practices|
|Aladdins Gold Casino||Payment Problems | Rigged games | Payout problems | Unethical practices with affiliates|
|All Star Slots||Rigged games | Payout problems | Unethical practices with affiliates|
|Babe Casino||Unresponsive customer service | Long payout times | Unreliable software|
|Bella Vegas||Spams players | Long payout times | Unethical practices with affiliates|
|Bet The Dealer||Payment problems|
|Betworld Casino||Previously operated without a valid license|
|Black Diamond Casino||Long payout times | Unreliable software | Rigged games|
|Blu Casino||Payment problems|
|Bovada Casino||Unreliable software | Unresponsive customer service | Rigged games|
|BTC Casino||Payment problems | Questionable bonus practices|
|Brandy Casino||Spams players|
|Captain Jack Casino||Payment problems|
|Carnival Casino||Questionable practices|
|Casino Atlanta||Used pirated casino games | Unresponsive customer service|
|Casino Royal Dragon||Previously operated without a valid license|
|Casino Tropez||Payment problems|
|Cats Eye Casino||Payment problems|
|CasinoWilds||Questionable bonus terms | Spams players|
|Classy Coin||Questionable practices|
|Club Dice||Questionable practices|
|Club World||Payment problems|
|CoolCat Casino||Long payout times | Often confiscates winnings|
|Cyber Club Casino||Dormancy fees | Payment restrictions|
|Dr Vegas Casino||Long payout times | Questionable bonus practices|
|Gold Betting||Payment problems|
|Gold VIP Club Casino||Unresponsive customer service | Long payout times|
|Grand Bay Casino||Questionable practices|
|Grand Eagle Casino||Vague terms and conditions | Long payout times | Previously operated without a valid license|
|Grand Prive||Questionable practices|
|Grand Reef||False advertising|
|Indio Casino||Questionable practices|
|Joe Fortune Casino||False advertising | Spams players|
|Jupiter Club||Questionable practices|
|Lady Dream||Rigged Games|
|Lake Palace||Questionable practices|
|Las Casino Vegas||False advertising|
|Legend Sports||Questionable practices|
|Liberty Slots Casino||Long payout times | Non-payment of affiliate royalties|
|Loco Jungle Casino||Long payout times | Unethical practices with affiliates|
|Londons Casino||Payment problems|
|Lovo Lotto||Questionable practices|
|Lucky 18||Payment problems|
|Lucky Red Casino||Payment problems|
|Majestic Slots Casino||Previously operated without a valid license|
|Manhattan Slots||Payment problems|
|Miami Beach Casino||Payment problems|
|Mighty Slots||Payment problems|
|Noble Casino||Questionable practices|
|Oceans Online||Payment problems|
|Onbling Casino||Questionable practices|
|Orange Gamez||Payment problems|
|Palace of Chance||Payment problems|
|Paradise 8 Casino||Previously operated without a license | Long payout times|
|Parasino Casino||Questionable withdrawal practices|
|Park Lane Casino||Payment problems|
|Planet 7||Payment problems|
|Planet Kings||Questionable practices|
|Plum Gaming Casino||Payment problems|
|Prism Casino||Payment problems|
|Pure Vegas||Payment problems|
|Raging Bull Casino||Payment problems|
|Red Stag Casino||Unresponsive customer service | Previously operated without a license|
|RoadHouse Reels||Spamming players|
|Royal Ace||Payment problems|
|Rushmore Casino||Repeated "technical issues" arising | Misleading fine print for bonuses | Known for slow payouts|
|Slots Alley||Questionable practices|
|Slots Oasis||Payment problems|
|Slots of Vegas||False advertising|
|Slotsmoon Casino||Long payout times | Questionable bonus restrictions|
|Super Casino||Payment problems|
|Swiss Casino||Questionable practices|
|Triomphe Casino||Payment problems|
|Vegas 24||Questionable practices|
|VikingHeim Casino||Questionable practices | Long payout times | Unresponsive customer service|
|Villa Fortuna||Questionable practices|
|Wager21 Casino||Rigged games|
|Wild Vegas Casino||Payment problems | Poor customer service|
|Wildblaster Casino||Questionable practices|
|Win As Dealer||Payment problems|
|Winner Is Land Casino||False advertising|
|Worldwide Wagering||Questionable practices|
Casino Scams and Controversies
Over the years, multiple land-based and online casino controversies have appeared in the news. Here are the biggest casino controversies, as well as the online casinos and casino groups to avoid:
- Virtual Casino Group (VCG) manages around a dozen online casinos that offer huge bonuses accompanied by rules that reportedly make it nearly impossible to withdraw. Players and advertising affiliates have described poor treatment from VCG, with dwindling customer support after players have tried to withdraw payouts.
- Teller Processing Ltd (TPL) is a payment processing service that also has a stake in online casinos. Some players reported the company stopped paying out winnings, and its customer support shut down afterwards.
- Curgam Malta Ltd Group (CMLG) operates roughly a dozen online casinos that players have reported for slow-pay/no-pay complaints, unanswered customer queries, and even unauthorized credit card charges.
- GoTo Entertainment Casinos operates dozens of online casinos that share a common backend and linked accounts. Numerous players have reported slow and non-existent payouts, shifting rules, and customer service run-arounds.
- Two directors from Everleaf Gaming Ltd were arrested for misusing nearly $1,000,000 of player funds. The Maltese Lotteries and Gaming Authority (LGA) eventually withdrew their license and shut them down in 2013.
- Casinoval.com is a brand that operates under the Affiliates Booster program. Players have repeatedly reported that the online casino does not pay out winnings, and instead leaves it on "pending" status.
- Three individuals were arrested in the Netherlands in 2013 for laundering drug money through their Netgaming Solutions Company, which operated at least seven online casinos.
- The Lucky Group runs dozens of online casino brands that players complain about regularly for non-payments and customer service run-arounds.
- Merge Gaming has been accused of covering up reported cheating and collusion ring activity on their poker tables, not to mention extremely slow payouts through customer service exercises.
- The biggest purge of all was April 15, 2011. On so-called "Black Friday", the US Government indicted nearly a dozen defendants associated with Pokerstars, Full Tilt Poker, Absolute Poker, and Ultimate Bet. The charges included money laundering and fraud. These sites subsequently banned US players from real money tables.
What Online Casinos are Legit?
If an online casino site states it is licensed or regulated by the specified compliance bodies listed below on its website, then they should be considered legitimate. These organisations ensure online casinos protect players’ details, offer fair gameplay or follow ethical practices. If you’re unsure whether an online casino is legitimate, check the following criteria:
- Does the online casino offer secure, reliable and safe software on its site?
- Are customers given adequate support options should an issue occur?
- Is a casino’s operated on random number generators (RNGs), and do they offer fair return-to-player (RTP) percentages?
- Does it offer prompt payouts?
- Does it deliver responsible marketing?
- Does the casino have any measures in place to deter underage gambling?
How We Find Trusted Online Casino Sites
Online Gambling assesses every gambling site that appears on the site through a rigorous reviews process. Online casinos are measured for their security, banking, software, gameplay, and fairness to players. Learn more about how we rate online casinos, or find the best real money online casinos to play with straightaway.